[pro] Are you an Imager or a Filer?

Jacob Kozinn jacobkozinn at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 16:16:29 UTC 2011

This is the best thing I've read on the Pro list so far, I think.

I'm a filer, but as I deploy multiple cloud instances, I'm starting to think
about the advantages of imaging.

However, I have little experience with it. Especially on Debian.

Anybody have good resources on imaging that are not obtainable through a
superficial web search?

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 7:45 AM, Ala'a Mohammad <amalawi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm continually learning Common-lisp and trying to find the best style
> that suites me better. I've tried 'an imager' style (cooking a an
> image with all required libraries loaded when required), and 'a filer'
> style (loading files or systems each time I fire-up a CL
> implementation). I'm interested to hear what others use CL. How do
> they manage day to day work? how do their preferred style mesh into
> their production pipeline (coding, debugging, deployment and
> maintenance)? and what makes them prefer one way over another or the
> mix if applicable?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ala'a Mohammad.

Jacob Kozinn