[pro] The Best Examples of "Code is Data"

Brian Vanderford bfvander at socialserve.com
Tue Sep 7 23:22:28 UTC 2010

On Sep 7, 2010, at 6:19 PM, Daniel Weinreb wrote:
> I think it's extremely impressive
> that he was able to get a book published on a topic
> with such a small audience: good for him!

It was published through Lulu, which is a print-on-demand service,
rather than through a traditional publisher, so what kind of audience
it could expect didn't matter.  The Lua books use the same service. It
seems to work well for niche books like those, though I think Let Over
Lambda would have benefitted from a traditional publisher, where an
editor would have toned down the bombastic writing a little.  It's an
interesting enough book to be well worth reading anyway though.