[pro] Teclo Networks introduction

Luke Gorrie luke.gorrie at teclo.net
Mon Dec 27 16:00:20 UTC 2010

Hi!

Thanks everybody for setting up this list. I'm glad to have time for a
first post :-)

I'd like to introduce Teclo Networks, our new Lisp startup based in
Zurich, Switzerland. We're developing network infrastructure for
mobile broadband optimization -- helping to make 3G/4G cellular
internet genuinely competitive with fixed DSL. We're moving fast.

Teclo ("Telco with CL") has been going for about a year now and so far
we've been way too busy to come to Lisp conferences and explain what
we're doing. That's really a shame, so now I'm using this mailing list
as a way to say hello to all of you in the wider community :-)

About us:

We're building a happy little Lisp company in Zurich. We'd like to
grow to a team of around 30 who develop, market, and support
top-quality network infrastructure to customers all around the world.
Based on our previous experience we expect to become stable and
profitable quite quickly.

Our products are network elements for traffic optimization and
analysis. Facts: We have a 100 nanosecond per packet processing
budget. We've built our own special-purpose protocol stack that
completely bypasses the kernel (no copies, no interrupts, no context
switches). We've developed very fancy data analysis software to
illuminate the (previously unknown) low-level behavior and high-level
traffic profile in a network. We run on highly parallel x86 hardware
and our machines have the feel of Cisco devices. We're experienced
people who like solving real problems, and mobile network operators
really enjoy working with us.

Mobile internet is the wave of the future so the potential user base
for our products is pretty much everybody on earth. There are already
several hundred mobile internet operators in the world today and we're
going to supply Lisp-based network equipment to as many of them as we
can.

We'll have multiple opportunities in 2011 for fun people of solid
reputation to come and join the team -- if you're interested and
qualified then please drop me a line to introduce yourself. Keywords
of special interest: system programming (Lisp, C), data analysis and
presentation (Lisp, R), IP networking (Cisco, Juniper, ...), travel to
exotic locations, charming customers, unix.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading and happy new year :-)
-Luke Gorrie, CTO Teclo Networks, luke.gorrie at teclo.net

See also:
  http://www.teclo.net/
  http://lukego.livejournal.com/26941.html