[postmodern-devel] [Sbcl-devel] Possible bug in REFILL-INPUT-BUFFER

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 10:35:16 UTC 2009

> Hi Attila,

hello Marijn,

> The changes required to use iolib instead of usocket are very tiny.
> That's great. If only there was some widely-supported, nice way of
> parameterised module loading. I don't want to simply incorporate your
> patch as it is -- that'd break windows support. One approach would be
> a feature :postmodern-use-iolib that people can push onto *features*
> before loading Postmodern, and conditionally replaces references to
> usocket with iolib. Would that work for you?

i think i would prefer a cl-postgres+iolib.asd. but then that leads to
the question how to handle the situation of using babel for string
encoding... that quickly leads to an exponential blow up.

maybe iolib.asd itself pushing :iolib into *features* and
conditionalizing the :depends-on on #+iolib?

i really don't have a clean idea on how to do it, that's why i was
quiet about the merge of this patch into cl-postgres proper. meanwhile
i hope that darcs pull will keep my life simple because the divergence
is small...

this situation again makes me think that asdf is plain wrong and a
goddamn defun based interface would be much more flexible. then it'd
be a matter of another &key arg...

--
 attila