[phemlock-devel] hemlock clone on gitorious

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Sun Mar 14 15:21:46 UTC 2010

On 1 January 2010 16:45, David Lichteblau <david at lichteblau.com> wrote

>  - from the tty-2 branch, I have merged the first commit:
>
>     4c000ea6 make arrow keys and pageup/down work in the tty backend
>
>    I would like to merge the following commit, but I couldn't find the osicat
>    changes required:
>     346d8fa4 don't allow C-y to generate a SIGTSTP

That's

commit 451bf6fa993ae74eb56aff80d40050111d7f19f4
Author: Nikodemus Siivola <nikodemus at random-state.net>
Date:   Tue Dec 22 18:49:19 2009 +0200

    add VDSUSP to termios constants

which is in the Osicat main repo -- so I've pushed the SIGSTP fix to Hemlock.

>    However, I have not yet merged the other two: 57c160ff (distinct Backspace
>    and C-h in terminal) and 08f68169 (get rid of the arraw-key kludge).
>
>    The reason is that I'd like to work on the Backspace/Delete some
>    more.  (I'd like to keep keybindings so that C-h is equivalent to
>    backspace -- by default anyway.  But I agree that distinct physical
>    keys shouldn't be conflated on the lowest level of key event
>    processing already.)

Attached a cleaned-up patch that combines the essential parts of those commits.

With this patch TTY matches more closely with the other backends: even
without this in CLX Hemlock C-h and Backspace are distinct -- but our
keybindings are (mostly, at least) set up to treat them as identical.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus