[phemlock-devel] who is interested in working on Portable Hemlock?

Robert Strandh strandh at labri.fr
Tue Aug 10 09:04:58 UTC 2004

Hello,

There are currently 11 people on this mailing list.  I would be
interested in knowing which of these 11 people are here just as
observers, and which ones consider working on the code.

Here is some preventive maintenance I would like to see done fairly
soon, so that new work would be easier:

   * get rid of compilation notes,

   * replace combinations of %set- function and defsetf with
     (defun (setf ...) ...),

   * remove files that we do not think might be worthwhile trying to
     support (candidates would be spell checker, mh mail, news,
     scribe-mode, and all the files that are commented out in
     hemlock.system),

   * replace structs with classes in many cases,

   * modularization issues, like associating bindings of a subsystem
     with the code for the subsystem,

   * probably more stuff I haven't seen yet.

--
Robert Strandh

Greenspun's Tenth Rule of Programming: any sufficiently complicated C