[parenscript-devel] parenscript usage

Lucian Branescu lucian.branescu at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 12:42:16 UTC 2010

On 11 November 2010 00:38, Daniel Gackle <danielgackle at gmail.com> wrote:
> < I installed sbcl and then parenscript with asdf. When I (require
> 'parenscript) and then (ps ....), it says PS undefined. >
> PS is defined in the Parenscript package. Does this work?
>    (ps:ps ...)
> In general, A:B means "the symbol B, if any, exported from package A".
> More conveniently, you can evaluate the following:
>   (in-package :ps)
> ... and then your original form (ps ...) should work.

Ah, got it. It appears sbcl's asdf-install can't install parenscript
globally for some reason. After installing it locally, (ps:ps ...)
works fine.

Thanks for the quick cheat sheet :)

On 11 November 2010 00:48, Vladimir Sedach <vsedach at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you want to learn Common Lisp (which is a really good idea if you
> want to use Parenscript), this might help:
>
> http://gigamonkeys.com/book/

I haven't yet decided whether I'm using parenscript or clojure or even
a lisp at all. My goal is generating readable and editable code, and
so far a lisp looks like the best choice. It also has to run on
Android easily.

But if I do use a lisp, thanks for the reference!