[parenscript-devel] The next frontier?

Red Daly reddaly at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 16:55:55 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Vladimir Sedach <vsedach at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it's a good idea for a library. Maybe as an extensions to Red
> Daly's PSOS? In any case, that would be one more idea to steal from
> HOP (http://hop.inria.fr/), which I think was doing object sharing
> before, and in a better way, than GWT.

I have got basic object sharing working for PSOS using a JSON-like
scheme for encoding objects along with type information and circular
reference.  It's not documented well but it has been stable for 2
years or so:  http://github.com/gonzojive/rjson  If you request I can
write up some documentation at some point.

I use RJSON as the serialization scheme but I do not have any
transparent object sharing code at the moment (e.g. modifying an
object on the client and committing the change to the server).  But
it's a start..

As far as other changes go, I would like to see Parenscript SLIMEified
a bit.  In particular I would like to see autocompletion when I type a
function name (show the lambda list). M-. would be awesome.  A REPL
that hooked into a web browser (either via ajax on a web server or via
a browser plug-in) would enhance the development process as well

-- Red