[parenscript-devel] in-package and Parenscript compilation

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 21:43:33 UTC 2010

Greetings,

I'm approaching Parenscript and I must say I'm really impressed by
this library. Kudos to the developers! But I find one thing missing:
the Parenscript stream/file compiler does not understand in-package
forms like the CL file compiler does; rather, it reads all the forms
in the package which is current at the time it gets called. This makes
it slightly inconvenient to compile Lisp files which need to be read
in a certain package, and completely impossible to handle files which
change *package* mid-file (which is generally not a good idea, but
still it's possible in CL).

I'm attaching a patch against src/compilation-interface.lisp to make
the compiler behave like the CL one; comments are welcome.

Regards,
Alessio Stalla