[parenscript-devel] ParenScript tests.

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Fri Jun 22 17:59:34 UTC 2007

Hello!

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 18:01:12 +0100, Vladimir Sedach wrote:
> The tests are based on FiveAM, the Bese testing framework, however
> the asdf-install for it is broken right now (it depends on Arnesi,
> the Bese utility library, which isn't asdf-installable, and when I
> go pull it from the Bese darcs repository it still has mystery
> dependencies on other Bese code).

AFAIK arnesi doesn't depend on any other Bese tool, it's mostly the
contrary:

=====
[18:42] luca at gismo:~$ darcs get http://common-lisp.net/project/bese/repos/arnesi_dev/
Copying patch 343 of 343... done!
Applying patch 343 of 343... done.
Finished getting.
[18:43] luca at gismo:~$ mv /home/luca/.clc/ /home/luca/clc
[18:44] luca at gismo:~$ cd arnesi_dev/
[18:44] luca at gismo:~/arnesi_dev$
[18:44] luca at gismo:~/arnesi_dev$ sbcl
This is SBCL 1.0.6, an implementation of ANSI Common Lisp.
More information about SBCL is available at <http://www.sbcl.org/>.

SBCL is free software, provided as is, with absolutely no warranty.
It is mostly in the public domain; some portions are provided under
BSD-style licenses.  See the CREDITS and COPYING files in the
distribution for more information.
* (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op 'arnesi)
[...]
;
; compilation unit finished
;   caught 3 STYLE-WARNING conditions
;   printed 4 notes
NIL
* (quit)
[18:45] luca at gismo:~/arnesi_dev$
=====

What's broken is FiveAM, as reported at [1].  Fixing it with the
suggestion at [2] generates another error, which I'm trying to narrow
down and fix [3].

> Since I don't want to invest time and effort into making FiveAM easy
> to install, I think maybe we should consider switching test
> frameworks to something that Just Works?

Well, IMHO `darcs get` is fairly simple.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes:
[1] http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/bese-devel/2007-May/002983.html
[2] http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/bese-devel/2007-April/002952.html
[3] because I want to update the Debian Bese packages as well