[parenscript-devel] problem with princ in html

Peter Koeleman peter at peerweb.nl
Fri Jul 27 12:41:19 UTC 2007

Hi everybody,

I've been trying to run the tutorials for parenscript and installed
parenscript with sbcl and aserve on a Gentoo machine.

There is a problem when trying to use parenscript. The html function/macro
isn't working. Somehow the common-lisp package get's out of use and princ is
undefined.

The error message that I get is:
* 5-aserve-worker: 07/27/07 - 10:05:01 - while processing
command "GET /tutorial3.js HTTP/1.1"
got error The function :PRINC is undefined.

Some of the warnings I get after loading some code from the tutorial:
; in: LAMBDA NIL
;     JS:JS-FILE
; ==>
;   (JS:HTML
;    (:PRINC
;     (JS:JS
;      (DEFUN JS-TUTORIAL::GREETING-CALLBACK ()
;        (JS-TUTORIAL::ALERT "Hello World")))))
;
; caught STYLE-WARNING:
;   undefined function: HTML

; --> JS:HTML
; ==>
;   (:PRINC
;    (JS:JS
;     (DEFUN JS-TUTORIAL::GREETING-CALLBACK ()
;       (JS-TUTORIAL::ALERT "Hello World"))))
;
; caught STYLE-WARNING:
;   undefined function: :PRINC

;
; caught STYLE-WARNING:
;   These functions are undefined:
;     HTML :PRINC

Is this a known problem? It seems that it all breaks out of the box. Please
let me know if there is a workaround or bugfix.

Peter Koeleman