[parenscript-devel] Test period for new release.

Red Daly reddaly at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 01:17:17 UTC 2007

That sounds like a plan.  I have done some refactoring and other changes, so
I will wait until after tomorrow's release to commit.  Hopefully in this
next development cycle we will be up and running with a new package system.

The changes so far are (1) the first steps of the Parenscript package system
and (2) internal and external changes to symbols.  Here is the darcs
changelog entry:

  Changed the names of many functions and macros to get rid of the symbols
with
  "js" in them--its not Javascript, it's Parenscript!  Most of those symbols
were renamed
  with "script" replacing "js".

  Also changed the main compilation interfaces to use the function
COMPILE-SCRIPT and the
  macro SCRIPT from JS-COMPILE and JS respectively.

  Additionally, the first steps of the package system are included (with the
addition of
  a the SCRIPT-PACKAGE and COMPILATION-ENVIRONMENT classes).  These are
integrated into
  the current compiler, though they probably break a few "traditional"
serialization methods,
  specifically because macro and special form names are stored as symbols
rather than strings
  and EQL comparisons are used rather than STRING-EQUAL comparisons of the
strings.

  I have also split parser.lisp into parser.lisp and macrology.lisp.
Parser.lisp contains
  mechanisms for parsing Parenscript given an input s-expression while
macrology.lisp
  contains language definitions that make use of the parsing mechanisms.

  All tests now pass, though the documentation has gone slightly out of date
with
  the symbol renaming.  This will be fixed shortly.  More tests and
functionality
  need to be added to make the current Parenscript compatible with the older
semantics
  (as dicussed, comparing macro/special form names based on their string
values is the
  main thing).

Looking forward to the release.  We should probably 'tag' the darcs
repository when you build the new release.

Red