[Pal-devel] Can't run examples/hello.lisp

David N Murray dmurray at jsbsystems.com
Wed Jan 2 20:42:20 UTC 2008

Tomppa, thanks for the quick reply.  More below.

On Jan 2, Tomi Neste scribed:

> Looks like I made a good old off-by-one error on ffi.lisp. Should be fixed
> in the cvs, or you could just change the font structure declaration in
> ffi.lisp to look like:
>
> (defstruct font
>    (file nil)
>    (image nil :type (or boolean image))
>    (glyphs nil :type (or boolean (simple-vector 256)))
>    (height 0 :type u11))

I made this change.  Maybe I should be looking at the CVS since I'm still
having problems.

> For some reason the error doesn't always show up... Let me know if this
> helps you get any further.

I still am seeing a frame with the correct title, a black background, but
no text.  I also tried the example from the manual pp. 7.  In order to get
that example to work, I had to do (use-package :pal) (It might be because
I'm using an old ASDF).  That got the example to compile, but again, no
text.  I also looked up the params to clear-screen and changed the color
to (127 127 127) and (255 255 255), but I still only saw a black
background with no text.  Hitting Enter makes the window disappear, so
(wait-for-keypress) is working :-)  According to my handy-dandy html color
chart, I was expecting a yellow background initially, then in my tests a