[Pal-devel] Library is frozen...

Tomi Neste flatlander at yellow-hut.com
Thu Oct 11 14:38:24 UTC 2007

Gustavo <gugamilare at gmail.com> kirjoitti Thu, 11 Oct 2007 01:51:22 +0300:

> I visited the home page of the project and read there that it is frozen.
> Does that mean that there isn't much more to do, or that you have lost
> your
> interest in developing it? I am asking that because I really liked the
> library, specially that it is a high level API, and I have a few ideas.
> But
> before exposing them I need to know the library itself.
> So I would like that everything was documented, even if the
> documentation is
> only in the functions themselves, or maybe only at the home page. I can
> help, but, you know, the library wasn't developed by me, so I think would
> take too long to do this alone.
>
> Cheers
> Gustavo

The project itself is not frozen, only the current API, intention being
that it would stay mostly the same for 1.x releases. As for 2.x versions,
I'm not yet sure what those would be like.
Release 1.1 would be current cvs head with some fixes and improvements I
have in mind. It is just that I was a bit busy with other things for a
while and didn't that much time to work on it.

Actually I've been working more with PAL lately (playing with the Chipmunk
2d physics library
(http://www.slembcke.net/photos/v/programming/chipmunk/), it could make a
nice add-on package for PAL :) ) and an integrated gui is probably
something I'm going to work on next. That and the documentation...
Meanwhile, I'm glad to answer any questions anyone might have in this
mailing list. Actually some kind of FAQ/tutorial thingy might be nice, so
if there are some specific problems that anyone is having/had please let
me know.

So, if you are asking if PAL is dead the answer is the old "no deader than
usual" and I'm still interested in any ideas you might have ;)

--
tomppa