[Pal-devel] Next release

Tomi Neste flatlander at yellow-hut.com
Sat Jul 21 17:23:11 UTC 2007

First, I just applied a pile of changes that changed all(?) relevant PAL
functions to automatically coerce their numerical arguments, so there is
no need to guess anymore whether a function wants floats, integers or
what. Internally all PAL:VECtors still use single-floats.
This makes the interface more lispy but is also likely to cause some bugs,
so please report if you found any.

Since there have been some major changes since the last release and I'm
fairly happy with the current api the next release is going to be tagged
as version 1.0 and I'll try to keep full backwards compatibility after
that.
(I have considered the previous releases "stable" for my purposes, but
maybe they were more like "stable beta" releases ;) )

What that means is that if any of you have any ideas for major changes I'd
like to hear those now, since after 1.0 all changes will be purely
incremental in nature.

--
tomppa