[noctool-devel] SNMP, again...

Chun Tian binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 08:49:30 UTC 2009

在 2009-10-19,16:14, Ingvar 写道:

> Chun Tian writes:
>> Yes, current latest stable version of my ASN.1 package is 4.14. SF's
>> files order is not ... what I want.
>
> Noticed this. Now have 4.14 snagged. Just need to get the remaining
> packages
> updated to a version that teh SNMP component is happy with.
>
>> I'm using old Lisp machine package naming system, that is a major
>> vesion (4) and a minor version (14). Every minor release after the
>> major release is patchable to the base version.
>>
>> P.S. I'm slowing pushing another major release which contains many
>> new
>> features. But for now, stable releases on cl-net-snmp site [1]
>> (almost
>> one year old) are the best choice for people whom want to integrate
>> my
>> SNMP work.
>
> "Stable is good". :) All we need is (as far as I can tell) "read MIB
> descriptions" and "Interrogate SNMP sources" (so client only; there
> are a
> couple of would-be-nice that are probably better implemented in
> client code
> anyway, like "query the interface with IP address w.x.y.z").

I'm developing the SQL-like high level query interface which could
"compile" queries like "query the interface with IP address w.x.y.z"
from a form like "SELECT [interface] FROM [agent] WHERE [address =
w.x.y.z]" into several low-level SNMP operations and return OO-based
results back. In latest ASN.1 trunk, the ASN.1 compiler can compile
MIB table definitions into CLOS DEFCLASS form and then SNMP package
can use it to create CLOS instances as query result. This work is in
progress, the major difficulty is how to represent above SQL-like
queries, if I use a string to hold it, I need to write a simple SQL-
like syntax parser. Or if I use CLSQL like symbolic syntax, I need
some more investigation of how to passing the WHERE clause.

Any way, I just want you know: what you want is also my need, so I'm
working on this area. I don't think it's really that hard as there're
much more complicated open source Lisp packages exist today.

Regards,

Chun Tian (binghe)