[noctool-devel] SNMP, again...

Ingvar ingvar at hexapodia.net
Mon Oct 19 08:14:44 UTC 2009

Chun Tian writes:
> Yes, current latest stable version of my ASN.1 package is 4.14. SF's
> files order is not ... what I want.

Noticed this. Now have 4.14 snagged. Just need to get the remaining packages
updated to a version that teh SNMP component is happy with.

> I'm using old Lisp machine package naming system, that is a major
> vesion (4) and a minor version (14). Every minor release after the
> major release is patchable to the base version.
>
> P.S. I'm slowing pushing another major release which contains many new
> features. But for now, stable releases on cl-net-snmp site [1] (almost
> one year old) are the best choice for people whom want to integrate my
> SNMP work.

"Stable is good". :) All we need is (as far as I can tell) "read MIB
descriptions" and "Interrogate SNMP sources" (so client only; there are a
couple of would-be-nice that are probably better implemented in client code
anyway, like "query the interface with IP address w.x.y.z").

//Ingvar
"interrogat