[noctool-devel] what is a cpu-monitor?

Jim Prewett download at hpc.unm.edu
Mon Jun 16 13:34:17 UTC 2008

Hi Ingvar,

I was wondering if the CPU monitor might be intended to monitor the number
of CPUs on a system.  I'm looking at a Ganglia monitoring webpage right
now and one of the things they report is the total number of CPUs a given
host or group of hosts has.

Could this be what it is for?

If so, anyone know how to get this information from a host that doesn't
have something like /proc/cpuinfo ? Specifically, I'm thinking my Mac
laptop (which I do some bogus monitoring of for testing/hacking purposes).

Whaddya think?,
Jim

James E. Prewett                    Jim at Prewett.org download at hpc.unm.edu
Systems Team Leader           LoGS: http://www.hpc.unm.edu/~download/LoGS/
Designated Security Officer         OpenPGP key: pub 1024D/31816D93
HPC Systems Engineer III   UNM HPC  505.277.8210