[noctool-devel] Re: [noctool-cvs] CVS source

Ingvar ingvar at hexapodia.net
Wed Jul 9 16:11:21 UTC 2008

Jim writes:
> AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH !!!!
>
> SORRY about that!

No worries.

> > Noooo! Now it won't compile from a clean image (the class definitions in
> > classes.lisp provide the definition of the PROXIES generic, that's not
> > available at the time scheduler.lisp is compiled). Yes, I found this the
> > hard way (as I needed to have two images running to test the network
> > code) and the non-SLIME kept breaking on load. Probably should've been a
> > bit more clearer on why things were done as they were.
>
> I was having the opposite problem of the event class not existing when
> the classes.lisp was loaded.  There is some sort of dependency tangle :P
>
> FWIW, I seem to be able to

Hm. Odd... I suspect the inclusion of the network files into the main ASDF
definition re-jiggered the order. Because now it works and before I merged
the network stuff into the main ASDF it didn't.

> > Alternatively, re-jigger the ASDF definition to have schedler.lisp depend on
> > classes.lisp.
>
> I don't particularly care... I just want (require :noctool) to work ;P :)

It seems to be working, barring a slightly annoying compilation error for
SPLIT-SEQUENCE (probably SBCL-version-dependent, as the warning I get is:
  The class SB-PRETTY:PRETTY-STREAM was not changed, and there's no guarantee
  that the loaded code (which expected another layout) will work.

Let's leave things as they are, for now, since it actually seems to work (not
that I understand why, but my head if mostly full of network audits at the
moment).

//Ingvar