[munich-lisp] Job Opening in Munich for Lisp Programmer

Jim Newton jimka at cadence.com
Fri Mar 17 11:36:28 UTC 2006

Cadence Design Systems GmbH in Munich, Germany ( www.cadence.com and
www.cadence.com/vcad) has a job opening in the VCAD organization for
an experienced software developer.  It would be great to fill
the position with someone who has good Lisp experience.

Virtual CAD (VCAD) is a group within Cadence providing EDA (Electronic
Design Automation) related services.  The job is with the
software development group within VCAD.  Cadence's software products
are scripted with the SKILL language, a Lisp language with two
dialects: one Franz Lisp-like dialect, and one Scheme-like dialect.
The VCAD software group also uses Common Lisp where appropriate.

The position would be working in a small software group within an
IC design services group.  Tasks are usually related to IC design
automation but not exclusively.  Other current projects include release
management,  resource scheduling/tracking, Object-system implementation,
regression/system/unit testing flow development.

We are looking for someone who either has experience programming in a
Lisp language, or is interested in learning Lisp in a production
environment, and is comfortable in several mutually unrelated
programming languages (eg, C, Smalltalk, and PostScript; or Java,
Prolog, and SPARC assembly language).  Experience in Perl, Python,
C++, TCL, Java and Ample are useful but to a lesser extent.
Experience with UNIX applications such as mySQL and Postgres would
also be good.  The platform is 99% UNIX based, including mostly Linux
and Solaris.  Other things that would be nice, but are not required:
some theoretical familiarity with relational databases (eg, you took a
database class or read the textbook from one); Windows programming
experience; Oracle experience.

Fluency in English is required.  Also useful would be familiarity with
German, French, Italian, Russian, or Hebrew.

Relocation to Munich would be required.

If you are interested, please respond to jimka at cadence.com.

Several of my colleagues and I also plan to attend and present at the
European Common Lisp Meeting in Hamburg, April 29/30.  If you are
interested in finding out more, please contact one of us.

Thanks and happy consing,
Jim Newton

| Jim E. Newton (jimka at cadence.com)            desk +49-(0)89-4563-1918  |
| Methodology Services Europe                   fax +49-(0)89-4563-1819  |
| Cadence Design Systems GmbH                            Munich Germany  |
|           If you won't do it in the rain, you won't do it.             |