[munich-lisp] MLUG meeting

Jim Newton jimka at rdrop.com
Wed Feb 9 19:01:35 UTC 2005

If there are non-lispers invited then perhaps it might be
nice to have an ongoing series of lectures (half hour plus
questions) about cool lisp features or maybe Lisp for Dummies.
This could also be useful for lisp beginners as well.

Some examples.

*  How to use CLOS.
*  Methods before, after, around
*  Lexical vs dynamic scoping
*  Lexical closures, and higher order functions
*  Looping, iteration, and recursion
*  Implementing common data structues, queues, sets, tree, etc.
*  Installing LISP on your computer, which implementation,
               which architecture, which version?
*  Macros, why do we need them, what can we do with them?
*  Comparing common patterns in Perl, Python, Java, C, and LISP

Is anyone interested in seeing any of these or other item
presented?  Does anyone volunteer to present such a topic
for this meeting or an upcoming one?

-jim