[movitz-devel] compiling LiCE for Movitz

Shawn Betts sabetts at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 19:31:55 UTC 2009

2009/11/21 Ram Vedam <rvedam at gmail.com>:
> I don't know if there is a lice-devel mailing list so I thought I post this
> here and get pointed in the right direction. I downloaded and tried
> compiling LiCE for movitz, but it would seem that the new version requires a
> couple of macros to be implemented inside Movitz before it can successfully
> hook into it. My question is: has anyone tried compiling the new version of
> LiCE on the movitz platform and if so what sort of issues are you having?
> Currently, I'm compiling a movitz image using SBCL and it is complaining
> that "WITH-OPEN-FILE is not implemented yet". Is anyone else having this
> problem?

Hi Ram,

Only one version worked on Movitz. I compiled a demo binary and then
moved on. Since movitz was/is still very young and I wanted a Real
Editor I chose to drop support for movitz and focus on getting it
doing useful things on unix OSes. I believe it will still compile with
sbcl and the appropriate libraries but I haven't touched it in years.

-Shawn