[mod-lisp-devel] Chunked encoding

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Mon Oct 9 09:20:25 UTC 2006

From: "Edi Weitz" <edi at agharta.de> wrote:

> Is there a way mod_lisp2 could copy with body content sent by the
> client if chunked transfer encoding is used?  (Apache 2 can.)  I
> thought about this a bit and my understanding is that this is not
> possible due to the way mod_lisp works - you wouldn't know when to
> stop reading from the stream.  But maybe I'm just missing something
> obvious.

Well you are right, for now mod_lisp reads all the data sent by the browser
by asking Apache to decode the incoming chunks when chunked encoding is
used. This could be modified for very big downloads by modifying somewhat
the mod_lisp protocol. Maybe by sending an header like "chunked-encoding t"
and then sending all the chunks preceded by their size with a size of 0 to
signal when all the chunks have been transmitted.

Marc