[Mkcl-devel] Fwd: Re: [cl-ppcre] Expected end of string - error while compiling cl-ppcre (#19)

Jean-Claude Beaudoin jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 07:43:56 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 3:33 AM, .Santanu Chakrabarti <
santanu.chakrabarti at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using recent version of MKCL version 1.1.8 on Ubuntu 11.10. Processor
> is AMD dual core 32 bit, but I forgot exact specification.

Thanks. I got enough info to reproduce the problem. It looks like a case of
bad optimizer applied by the compiler when (safety 0) is used.

So, as a quick fix, if you have direct control over this you could raise
the "safety" level to 1 or more (anything above 0) and the problem should
disappear.

I will investigate some more and fix the guilty optimizer shortly.