Trying to use McCLIM

Daniel Kochmański daniel at turtleware.eu
Sat Oct 19 16:28:14 UTC 2019

Hey,

Craig Lanning writes:
> Have you figured anything out about this issue?

I think that reply from last Saturday on the mailing list from Andrea
explains the issue:

> I tried your code to see why the commands are disabled.  I think this is
> due to the fact that the commands are not inserted in the command table:

> --------
> CB> (command-present-in-command-table-p 'com-show-info 'cb-file)
> NIL
> --------

> Evidently Symbolics and Franz versions of macro define-command-table
> automatically add the commands in :menu argument to the command-table,
> mcclim version no.

> So you need to add by hand the commands to command-table like that:
> ---------
> (add-command-to-command-table 'com-show-info 'cb-file)
> ---------

> or use the :command-table name option in define command (for this you
> need to define the command-table before the command):

> -----------
> (define-command (com-show-info :command-table cb-file) ()
>   ...)
> -----------------

Jan also had few remarks on IRC (partially overlapping with the above):

> jackdaniel if anyone feels like debugging why commands are disabled in a definition which looks fine at the first glance please take a look at https://mailman.common-lisp.net/pipermail/mcclim-devel/2019-October/002129.html
> scymtym jackdaniel: the commands don't seem to be defined within any command table. adding e.g. :command-table cb-file enables the menu entries
> scymtym i haven't seen commands defined like that before
> scymtym the spec says without :command-table, the command will not be added to any command table. i would assume that makes the command not accessible in the menu command table
> scymtym this example programs assumes CLASS is a builtin presentation type and CLASS-NAME can be applied to slots
> scymtym it's pretty weird

Best regards,
Daniel

--
Daniel Kochmański ;; aka jackdaniel | Przemyśl, Poland
TurtleWare - Daniel Kochmański      | www.turtleware.eu

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi