'clim:layout-frame called as each letter typed into interactor?

Daniel KochmaƄski daniel at turtleware.eu
Sat Nov 18 19:13:10 UTC 2017

Hello John,

sorry for a late reply. layout-frame is invoked by
pointer-documentation. If you skip it in your frame, then there is no
redundant calls to layout-frame on typing in the inspector. Generally
layout-frame is invoked when:

- new layout is set (with `(setf (frame-current-layout) 'foo)`)

- space-requirements change

If you do something what changes size requirements repeatedly but you
want to batch them into single layout-frame call
`*change-space-requirements*`.

For more information please consult:
http://bauhh.dyndns.org:8000/clim-spec/29-3.html#_1662

If it is possible to make pointer-documentation-pane changing space
requirements less frequent, I'm up to it of course.

Best regards,
Daniel