[mcclim-devel] Official repository lagging?

Michael McDonald mikemac at mikemac.com
Wed Oct 31 23:11:26 UTC 2012

Personally, I hate 'git'. My old brain has a far easier time making the correct mental model for CVS or SVN than 'git'. But that's me.

If you do decide to move to 'git', or anything else for that matter, then I STRONGLY suggest you do it in a fashion whereby you do NOT lose the history of the files. There's a lot of valuable info in the commit messages and the version trees. Just taking the top of trunk from CVS and making a 'git' repo from it is not acceptable in my opinion.

Michael McDonald
mikemac at mikemac.com