[mcclim-devel] Problem starting McClim

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Tue Mar 15 13:44:21 UTC 2011

I have seen problems like this before.  I believe it is caused by
disagreements between ACL and the CLX back-end of McCLIM about what form
of authentication to use against your X server.

Here's a suggestion:  try pulling down the ACL mirror of portable CLX,
from the Franz Open Source site, and use that instead of the CLX that
shipped with ACL.  That /may/ fix things --- I believe it supports more
different flavors of authentication.

Another alternative is that this may involve Mac OS X's way of starting
up X.  I have a vague memory that it somehow opens a socket or specially
named virtual file or something, and that by opening that socket the X11
server automagically starts.  IIRC, that was also a place where I had to
tweak my set up to get McCLIM to run.

I'm afraid this is all 2 years + old, so it's a bit vague.  I haven't
run McCLIM in quite a while now.  Hope that helps.