[mcclim-devel] map-over-output-records-overlapping-region

James Ashley james.ashley at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 01:03:52 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Orm Finnendahl
<o.finnendahl at inm.mh-freiburg.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  reading the specs, map-over-output-records-overlapping-region should
> map over *all* childs of the supplied output-record which overlap the
> supplied region. In my application, the output-records are
> hierarchical with the topmost output-record covering the whole drawing
> area and its childs occupying parts of that and their childs again
> parts of the parts and so forth.
>
> When calling the function on a part of the drawing area, the macro
> only maps the function over the topmost output record and ignores all
> of its childs which also overlap the region in question.
>
> I could write a similar macro which traverses the tree and checks for
> overlap but I ask myself, whether the behaviour of mcclim's built-in
> macro is correct with regards to the specs or whether I'm doing
> something wrong here...

I'm far from an expert here (really a total newb just trying to get my
feet wet), and this may be totally unrelated, but, FWIW, I ran across
something about this function/macro (?) in the past couple of days
while digging back through the mailing list archives (I think it was
around Oct 2003).

>From what I remember, that discussion had something to do with
creating a custom kind of output record. I think it revolved around
protocols and which kind of rectangle a pane really is. It definitely
involved intersection testing (I think the issue there was that the
current implementation was requiring the custom output record to
implement a protocol defined in clim-internals).

That's probably no help whatsoever, and completely unrelated. But I
figured I'd post this on the off chance that it might ring a bell for
someone who has a clue, or maybe offer a hint that might be at least
vaguely helpful.

> --
> Orm

Good luck,