[mcclim-devel] Two problems with McCLIM with gtkairo

Makarov Alexey alexeys9 at yandex.ru
Sat Nov 6 14:48:34 UTC 2010

Hello!

I have two problems with gtkairo backend.

First problem is black application frame while presented information on
frame parts is not changed, mouse pointer is not hover on scrollbar or
interactor menu doesn't appear on that pane. This appear in Ubuntu Linux
10.04 with SBCL 1.0.40 and GTK 2.20.

Second problem is McCLIM with gtkairo backend hangs on Windows XP on
SBCL 1.0.43
(https://sites.google.com/site/dmitryvksite/sbcl-distr/sbcl-1.0.43-threads-g002bdc7.msi) and GTK 2.22. I try to eval:

(run-frame-top-level (make-application-frame 'superapp))

Then application frame is appear but panes not draw on it and frame hang
(can't close window). SBCL hang too, but this issue I can avoid:

(sb-thread:make-thread
  (lambda ()
    (run-frame-top-level (make-application-frame 'superapp))))

I run this code:

(defpackage "APP"
  (:use :clim :clim-lisp)
  (:export "APP-MAIN"))

(in-package :app)

(define-application-frame superapp ()
  ()
  (:pointer-documentation t)
  (:panes
   (app :application :display-time nil :height 400 :width 600)
   (int :interactor :height 200 :width 600))
  (:layouts
   (default (vertically () app int))))

(defun app-main ()
  (run-frame-top-level (make-application-frame 'superapp)))

(define-superapp-command (com-quit :name t) ()
  (frame-exit *application-frame*))

(define-superapp-command (com-parity :name t) ((number 'integer))
  (format t "~a is ~a~%" number
  (if (oddp number)
      "odd"
      "even")))

I use quicklisp and mcclim from quicklisp repository.

Have your any ideas to solve that problems?

--
Makarov Alexey <alexeys9 at yandex.ru>