[mcclim-devel] presentations as childs of specific output records

Robert Strandh strandh at labri.fr
Fri Dec 10 05:44:04 UTC 2010

Hello,

Orm Finnendahl writes:

 >  it seems to me appropriate to map a list of hierarchically grouped
 > displayed line objects onto output records (using the same hierarchy).
 > Those lines have to be sensitive to mouse gestures so I'd like to
 > implement them as presentations.

If I understand you correctly, you don't want each line to be
highlighted, but just the group.  In that case, wrap
with-output-as-presentation around the drawing of the lines.  Then you
can choose whatever type you want for the presentation, and you can
customize the highlighting.

 > In my understanding this means I have to create and maintain the
 > output-records manually in the code rather than leaving that up to
 > mcclim, which seems to always append to the end of the output history.

It appends to the end of the current output record, but that is fact
is important only to the display order.  The records are conceptually
drawn from bottom to top according to this order.  But you can create
hierarchies of output records and presentations by opening a new
output records.  One way of doing that is to use
with-output-as-presentation.

Does this solve your problem?
--
Robert Strandh

Greenspun's Tenth Rule of Programming: any sufficiently complicated C