[mcclim-devel] Gadget based accepting-values

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Tue May 13 23:26:19 UTC 2008

Clinton Ebadi <clinton at unknownlamer.org> writes:

> Ok, I have now attached a third revision of the patch to add the
> infrastructure needed to support gadget based accepting-values
> dialogs. The big change is that encapsulating streams now support the
> incremental redisplay protocol, and so stream-accept on an
> accepting-values-stream can now pass the encapsulating stream to
> accept-present-default. This removes a bit of the ugliness from the
> accept-present-default methods for displaying gadgets in general.

Bah, I should have tested the encapsulating stream stuff with
something a bit fancier than the address book and my demo. Drei is
very unhappy with being passed an encapsulating stream so I have to
add proxy methods for panes and stream panes (not required by the
spec, but since a pane is a sheet is a stream ...).

--
* jeffcovey becomes too groggy to read the directions and becomes
  the year's first nasal spray overdose fatality.