[mcclim-devel] Gadget based accepting-values

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Tue May 13 19:06:56 UTC 2008

Troels Henriksen <athas at sigkill.dk> writes:

> It's not a big issue to actually define a bunch of presentation
> methods for gadget views outside of dialogs, though, I'm willing to
> postpone that to a later date.
>
>> [technical issues]
>
> I'm not familiar enough with dialogs to provide advice on this, so
> I'll defer to your recommendations.

Ok, I have now attached a third revision of the patch to add the
infrastructure needed to support gadget based accepting-values
dialogs. The big change is that encapsulating streams now support the
incremental redisplay protocol, and so stream-accept on an
accepting-values-stream can now pass the encapsulating stream to
accept-present-default. This removes a bit of the ugliness from the
accept-present-default methods for displaying gadgets in general.

I'm still trying to figure out how to make nested calls to accept work
(e.g. for a user defined accept-present-default that accepts a few
primitive types) without resorting to nested accepting-values calls.

I've also attached a newer avg.lisp that should be fully working if a
bit in need of cleanup. Now supported are text-field and text-editor
gadgets.