[mcclim-devel] Gadget based accepting-values

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Tue May 13 13:54:33 UTC 2008

Troels Henriksen <athas at sigkill.dk> writes:

> The Franz documentation does indeed say that, but I have seen
> screenshots from other CLIM implementations where it is clearly
> supported. And as you can see from my example, it's possible to get it
> to work.
>
> It's not a big issue to actually define a bunch of presentation
> methods for gadget views outside of dialogs, though, I'm willing to
> postpone that to a later date.

I could see this working with an :around method on
accept-present-default for normal gadget-view outside of a dialog. I
may try to implement this later, but I do want to get back to the
program I was writing first (my initial itch has nearly been
scratched, but polishing little bits of mcclim is fun).

I've attached a new patch that sets up the framework for getting
gadget based dialogs working, and also adds initial support for
setting the :exit-boxes of an accepting-values stream. I also have a
function for displaying them nicely on a gadget based stream (which
I'll send in with the patch to add the rest of the gadget based dialog
code):

(defmethod display-exit-boxes (frame stream (view gadget-dialog-view))
  (updating-output (stream :unique-id 'buttons :cache-value t)
    (with-look-and-feel-realization ((frame-manager  frame) frame)
      (fresh-line stream)
      (with-output-as-gadget (stream)
	(horizontally ()
	  (make-pane 'push-button
		     :label (second (assoc :exit
					   (exit-boxes *accepting-values-stream*)))
		     :activate-callback (lambda (g)
					  (declare (ignore g))
					  (com-query-exit)))
	  (make-pane 'push-button
		     :label (second (assoc :abort
					   (exit-boxes *accepting-values-stream*)))
		     :activate-callback (lambda (g)
					  (declare (ignore g))
					  (com-query-abort)))))
      (terpri stream))))

I think the patch is good enough to merge into cvs. I'm finishing up
the last few issues with the gadget dialog views now, and should have
a set of fairly clean working patches in a few days.