[mcclim-devel] status of mcclim

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Sun Jan 13 14:15:06 UTC 2008

Quoting Jan Brosius (jan.brosius at skynet.be):
> If there is a Gtkairo backend for mcclim than I would expect that
> mcclim uses an ffi e.g. cffi.  If so I would like to have some working
> knowledge of how it is done and what C library one uses.  I mean wxcl
> uses wxWidgets (written in C++), swig to "translate it to cffi and
> also cffi.  But I couldn't find a folder like cffi in the mcclim
> distribution.

Gtkairo uses CFFI to call GTK+ functions.

The FFI definitions for that are partly hard-written (gtk-ffi.lisp,
cairo-ffi.lisp), partly auto-generated (ffi.lisp), and can be found in
mcclim/Backends/gtkairo/.

Users are not meant to call those FFI functions directly, and only a
small part of GTK+ functionality is used.

If you are looking for complete GTK+ bindings, consider CLG or one of
all the other GTK+ bindings available for Common Lisp.

d.