[mcclim-devel] drag and drop highlighting

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cantab.net
Thu Mar 15 17:39:03 UTC 2007

Hi,

Does anyone understand drag and drop?  I've got two problems with it,
the first of which is (I think) fixed by the attached patch.

The first problem is that dragging across a presentation that doesn't
have a drag-and-drop translator with it as its to-type causes the
system to complain that CLIMI::FEEDBACK has no applicable methods with
argument NIL.  The resolution is not to try to give
presentation-specific feedback if no matching drag-and-drop translator
for that presentation to-type exists.

The second problem is that dragging across multiple panes doesn't
work.  If all the panes have scrollbars, then the system complains
that there's no applicable method for INVOKE-WITH-SHEET-MEDIUM-BOUND
with the sheet being a VIEWPORT-PANE -- presumably the viewport-pane
doesn't have an associated medium?  If the panes don't have
scrollbars, then I get a little bit further, losing in
INVOKE-WITH-OUTPUT-RECORDING-OPTIONS on a VRACK-PANE.

Does anyone have any bright ideas on dealing with the latter, or
comments on my patch for the former?