[mcclim-devel] Re: clim-graphic-forms

Jack Unrue jdunrue at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 04:16:31 UTC 2007

On 3/14/07, David Lichteblau <david at lichteblau.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jack Unrue's very promising Windows backend is now available in McCLIM
> CVS, under the name clim-graphic-forms.
>
> The backend is largely dysfunctional at this point, but after convincing
> myself that I would be able to understand it if necessary, I decided to
> get things going and commit it anyway.

Cool, thanks for doing that.

> With my changes, the address book reacts to mouse and keyboard input a
> little.  It still does not draw itself properly, and I believe that
> anyone starting to hack clim-graphic-forms should probably start looking
> at that first.  (Demodemo does not work either, so that would be worth
> fixing, too.)

Yep. I think one of my main areas of difficulty was understanding what
is happening with coordinate systems that would cause output to be
rendered in the wrong locations. Well, among other things.

Also, there may yet be issues with event processing, because I remember
the mouse needed to be moved within a frame before paint events got
processed.

It would be a good step forward just to get a simple hello-world kind
of application frame with a couple menu commands working correctly.

--
Jack Unrue