[mcclim-devel] Drei(?) problems

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cantab.net
Tue Jan 9 15:22:39 UTC 2007

Hi,

In the listener, if I do
  (defun foo (x) x)
and then
  (clim:accept 'symbol),
then wave my mouse around, I get an error from the
CLIM-LISTENER:SYMBOL-TO-CLASS-NAME translator, saying that "symbol"
isn't a valid argument to find-class.  This comes about because of
what I believe are two Drei bugs.  One is that the unknown-symbol
shouldn't inherit from symbol, as the presentation object is not in
fact a symbol (and so presentation methods expecting it to be will
lose).  The other is that FORM-TO-OBJECT methods on token (symbolish?)
lexemes seem not to return enough values to satisfy the
DISPLAY-PARSE-TREE method on TOKEN-MIXIN, which means that every token
gets presented as an unknown-symbol, with the presentation object
being the unparsed string.

I don't really know what the UNKNOWN-SYMBOL presentation type is for,
but maybe it should inherit from STRING instead of SYMBOL?

Cheers,

Christophe