[mcclim-devel] file-browser demo program

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at real-time.com
Tue Jan 9 03:30:44 UTC 2007

I have committed a working, but undesirable version of the demo.  This
one fixes some bugs that weren't really CLIM bugs, per se, but were
either incorrect, or at least unportable, treatments of CL pathnames.

A remaining problem is that the file-browser would try to edit (really
list) directories on any pathname, not just directory pathnames.  My
attempt to fix this originally relied (I think correctly), on the use of
a presentation type of (and pathname (satisfies
cl-fad:directory-pathname-p)).  Unfortunately, and and satisfies
presentation types don't work properly in McCLIM.  For now, I have also
committed this alternative version for reference as
file-browser.lisp-type-abbrev.  It could become the real version when
the presentation types are fully fixed.

Sorry to leave things like this, but I will probably be unable to work
on McCLIM again for a week or so, so thought it would be best to leave
things at least *better*, if not fully fixed.

Cheers,