[mcclim-devel] menu bars

Andy Hefner ahefner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 15:45:55 UTC 2007

On 1/5/07, Christophe Rhodes <csr21 at cantab.net> wrote:
> The surprise is that it isn't possible to do this to the contents of
> the menu bar itself: the menus there are fixed when the pane is
> instantiated, I believe.  So my question: is this intentional?  Is it
> desireable?  (And what does Legacy CLIM do? :-)

I can't object to this behaving in the expected way, if you want to
take the effort to make it work. It makes sense to me. On the other
hand, since a command table (and its menu) are shared global resources
rather than part of the local state of a frame, I'm having trouble
imagining uses other than resolving the obvious "I just added a new
command, why can't I see it?" situation, which shouldn't arise often
anyway if you organize your commands into logical menus.