[mcclim-devel] Listener menus

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cantab.net
Wed Jan 3 22:06:10 UTC 2007

"Andy Hefner" <ahefner at gmail.com> writes:

> Note that the menu-item presentation type is implied by the spec
> within the definition of draw-standard-menu
> (http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~unk6/clim-spec/25.html#_1357).

Yeah, I discovered that.  But actually my patch does this right --
because there is already a define-presentation-type menu-item in
mcclim, it just got clobbered by the class definition.  Defining the
menu-item class with a different name (%menu-item) leaves the
presentation type untouched -- and that presentation type doesn't
inherit from expression or form, and doesn't have a translator to
expression or form.  So everything comes out right.

> Is it possible to simply define a menu-item-to-command translator with
> a higher priority which would override the translator currently
> stealing the menu-item?

I think that this isn't necessary, and that my last patch is the Right
Thing as well as actually working.

Cheers,

Christophe