[mcclim-devel] McCLIM on the Mac

C Y smustudent1 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 19:04:31 UTC 2007

IIRC, the last updates on the beagle backend were running into some
collisions between how McCLIM wanted to work and how the Mac works.
http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/mcclim-devel/2005-November/004301.html

I would suggest the first place to look would be at the OpenMCL
Objective-C bridge, to make sure that works - if you can, grab a copy
of OpenMCL that was current when the original work on the Beagle
backend was done and a tarball release from around then and see if
those work.  I don't know how much has changed in McCLIM since the last
Beagle updates and whether it would cause breakage.

Beagle is the "right way" to do an McCLIM backend for MacOSX, as I
understand it - it will give the best "native" appearance and behavior.
 Cario's website says it has an experimental Quartz backend but I don't
know if it's ever been tried with McCLIM.

Cheers,
CY