[mcclim-devel] draw-arrow with transformation, freetype with fix(ed) fonts

Andy Hefner ahefner at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 18:38:31 UTC 2006

On 8/19/06, Luigi Panzeri <matley at muppetslab.org> wrote:

> 1) draw-arrow* use the line-style-thickness to calculate distances in
>    order to draw the head, but that thickness is not transformed with the
>    current user transformation.

Thanks for pointing this out. However, your patch is not quite
correct. First, transform-distance returns two values, so your use of
it would only be correct where the arrow was aligned with the x-axis.
Also, I believe the right thing is to adjust for scaling on the
variable 'thickness', rather than scaling only 'offset'. You get the
same result for 'offset', but thickness is also used in the edge case
where the arrow heads would overlap, and the idea is that we just get
the thickness (in some unspecified units which we'll pretend are
stream coordinate units) into the current coordinate system.

I've adapted your patch as such and applied it to McCLIM. Hopefully
this resolves the issue.

Thanks for the patch. Sorry for the delayed response.