[mcclim-devel] braindump: TODOs before a new mcclim release

Andreas Fuchs asf at boinkor.net
Tue Oct 10 10:13:02 UTC 2006

Okay, I'd like to do a new release, but with the beginning of the
semester, I could use a bit of assistance with a few things.

Here are the release-critical things that I won't be able to do alone
(ordered by severity):

* Fix clisp build failure: message "pointer-butt missing (mcclim 0.9.2)"
   by Eric Y. Kow, 2006-06-09: I lack a clisp setup.
* Test current CVS on non-SBCL and non-ACL. CMUCL is a good candidate (:
   (Of course, testing on SBCL and ACL is always welcome, too!)

The rest looks pretty ok, AFAICT. But if you want to help with any of
the following, you're welcome:

* Fix the X server memory/resource leak when using double-buffering and
   mcclim-freetype.
* Find a way to make mcclim asdf-installable that makes all
   contribs/Apps/Experimental systems available right away.
* Improve performance in incremental redisplay (;

Thanks!,
--
Andreas Fuchs, (http://|im:asf@|mailto:asf@)boinkor.net, antifuchs