[mcclim-devel] Announcing McCLIM 0.9.2 "Laetare Sunday"

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Mar 28 16:08:52 UTC 2006

Paolo Amoroso <amoroso at mclink.it> writes:

> Christophe Rhodes <csr21 at cam.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> Here is a similar binary for OS X / ppc.  It's based on unithreaded
> [...]
>> In addition to the things which don't work because of
>> single-threadedness, I have observed something strange: on OS X
>> machines here, I need to press RET /twice/ in the listener to activate
>> an expression: after
>
> This comment in Apps/Functional-Geometry/geometry.lisp might be
> relevant:
>
>   ;;; XXX The use of EXPRESSION in the OR presentation type exposes a bug in the
>   ;;; accept method for expression when rescanning; you have to hit ENTER three
>   ;;; times when entering an expression (e.g., a variable name) as a picture
>   ;;; value. This will be fixed after .9.2.2. -- moore

I saw a similar comment in builtin-commands.lisp.  However, there's
something else going on, I suspect, because while the OS X binary
running under Apple X11 exhibits this double-RET problem, the same
binary displaying on Xorg on my workstation (tunnelled over ssh) does
not have the same problem.

(I think the XXX comment doesn't apply in any case, because the
EXPRESSION presentation type we ACCEPT in the listener has
:PRESERVE-WHITESPACE T in its options.  Still, it's possible that
something in there is causing a problem...)

Cheers,

Christophe