[mcclim-devel] Truly freezing now (was: Freeze period start for McCLIM 0.9.2)

Andreas Fuchs asf at boinkor.net
Sun Mar 19 14:13:26 UTC 2006

Today, Paolo Amoroso <amoroso at mclink.it> wrote:
> Paolo Amoroso <amoroso at mclink.it> writes:
>> Execution of a form compiled with errors:
>> (DEFMETHOD SHEET-DIRECT-MIRROR ((SHEET POSTSCRIPT-STREAM))
>> (POSTSCRIPT-STREAM-FILE-STREAM SHEET))
>> [Condition of type KERNEL:SIMPLE-PROGRAM-ERROR]
>
> I tried to build on the same Linux box the latest McCLIM CVS sources
> with CMUCL Snapshot 2006-02 (19C), which is the latest available.
> Snapshot 2006-03 binaries are unavailable for Linux, due to a bug
> that was still present when the sources on which the snapshots are
> built were tagged.  McCLIM compilation aborts with the same error.

Right, I see it, too. Seems like cmucl 19c has problems with methods
specializing on direct subclasses of forward-referenced
classes. Here's a patch working around that problem with asdf
dependencies. McCLIM builds & runs fine for me on sbcl and cmucl with
this patch; I have no postscript code (besided
Examples/postscript-test.lisp, which works fine) to test it, though.

Here's the patch: