[mcclim-devel] Freeze period start for McCLIM 0.9.2

Timothy Moore moore at bricoworks.com
Mon Mar 13 22:45:56 UTC 2006

Andreas Fuchs wrote:
> On 2006-03-12, Andreas Fuchs <asf at boinkor.net> wrote:
>> This mail marks the start of the freeze period for McCLIM 0.9.2.
>
> Erm, not quite. Last-minute feature greediness on my part (and Tim's
> promise to get drag & drop of presentations to work and to not break
> anything) have made me reconsider starting the freeze today.
>
> An updated and final freeze mark mail will go out within 24 hours,
> when (hopefully) Tim has gotten presentation drag translators to work
> or when we backed out the change.
>
> Thanks for your patience, (:
I want to thank the release engineer's indulgence, however selfish his
motivations :) I think drag-and-drop is in good enough shape to be
labeled as "experimental" and not disrupt the rest of the system. I may
try to sneak in a fix or two for the highlighting in drag-and-drop, but
I promise that nothing will be major.

One thing I think worth hacking on even during the freeze is the Beagle
back end, which doesn't work right now due to bit rot. A couple of
methods need to be implemented to at least get the address book demo
working again. It would be really nice to ship the release with the
Beagle back end at least limping along.

We don't have a good bug data base other than Paolo's wiki page at
http://mcclim.cliki.net/Bug. This is unfortunate and should be addressed
  after the release in order to get ready for the next one (in a couple
of months, right Andreas?), but it's all we've got for now. I'm going to
add another one soon. We should take a look and see if any can be fixed
easily now and which ones should be a priority for next release.

Tim