[mcclim-devel] Guided Tour of CLIM

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 30 12:13:33 UTC 2006

Clemens Fruhwirth <clemens at endorphin.org> writes:

> Here is my draft of an update to CLIM tutorial.
>
>  http://clemens.endorphin.org/A%20Guided%20Tour%20of%20CLIM%202006-draft.pdf
>
> I plan to put it into the mcclim repository under Doc/, so others can
> enhance it if desired. I will probably post an other update myself, as
> I originally planned to write more (incremental updates, accepting-
> values and a spreadsheet examples are missing). But I rather felt like
> it's better to release it early than never.
>
> Feedback is appreciated.

I've read it through, and from this first pass have a list of small
typos, stylistic changes and the like that I'd like to suggest.  I
would have sent a diff with the changes, but unfortunately the current
source is one-line-per-paragraph, which would make the diff extremely
noisy and unclear.  Would it be possible to insert line breaks in the
source?

The thing I would most like to see in terms of the document as a
whole, I think, is a changebar (somewhat like in the second edition of
CLtL) indicating the changed material, so that the reader can see what
is essentially unchanged from the 1990 version.

Cheers,

Christophe