[mcclim-devel] CLIM on the WEB

Mészáros Levente melevy at freemail.hu
Fri Jan 27 08:44:49 UTC 2006

Hi,

I don't know much about CLIM internals, so my theoretical question
might be weird.

Is it possible to render a CLIM application on current web browsers
using JavaScript, XHTML and AJAX? I do not mean that is it possible
right now (I wish it would be, but it certainly isn't) but conceptually?

The idea comes from a requirement of being able to use light weight
(actually it means already installed) clients through firewalls, etc.

AFAICT some of CLIM code (event dispatch, some of event handling)
would have to be (possibly automatically transformed and) run on the
client side using JavaScript. Clearly a completely new backend would be
needed (and I think some kind of continuation would be necessary on
the server side).

Maybe it's just not worth the effort...

Any comments?

Levy