[mcclim-devel] Error while compiling PostScript backend

Paolo Amoroso amoroso at mclink.it
Sun Feb 19 16:59:30 UTC 2006

Christophe Rhodes <csr21 at cam.ac.uk> writes:

> Paolo Amoroso <amoroso at mclink.it> writes:
>
>> I have tried building from scratch the latest McCLIM CVS sources with
>> CMUCL Snapshot 2005-11 (19C) under Linux, and compilation stops with
>> the error:
>>
>> [...]
>> ; /home/paolo/src/dev/mcclim/Goatee/presentation-history.x86f written.
>> ; Compilation finished in 0:00:00.
>
> If that's verbatim, then you're loading an old fasl, surely?

I have tried rebuilding McCLIM from scratch with a freshly checked out
copy of the CVS repository.

> What was the original error?

Here are the errors I get:

; #<The ASDF1947 package>
[...]
; Python version 1.1, VM version Intel x86 on 19 FEB 06 05:42:56 pm.
; Compiling: /home/paolo/src/dev/mcclim/Backends/PostScript/sheet.lisp 30 DEC 05 07:02:39 pm
[...]
; Error: (during macroexpansion)
;
; Error in function PCL::CPL-ERROR:
;    While computing the class precedence list of the class named
;    POSTSCRIPT-STREAM: The class named ..
;
; Compiling DEFMETHOD SHEET-MIRRORED-ANCESTOR (POSTSCRIPT-STREAM):
; Compiling DEFMETHOD SHEET-MIRROR (POSTSCRIPT-STREAM):
; Compiling DEFMETHOD REALIZE-MIRROR (POSTSCRIPT-PORT POSTSCRIPT-STREAM):
; Byte Compiling Top-Level Form:
; Compiling DEFMETHOD DESTROY-MIRROR (POSTSCRIPT-PORT POSTSCRIPT-STREAM):
;

; Error: (during macroexpansion)
;
; Error in function PCL::CPL-ERROR:
;    While computing the class precedence list of the class named
;    POSTSCRIPT-STREAM: The class named ..
; ;

; Error: (during macroexpansion)
;
; Error in function PCL::CPL-ERROR:
;    While computing the class precedence list of the class named
;    POSTSCRIPT-STREAM: The class named ..
[...]

These errors rang a bell.  I have already seen similar ones here:

  Class precedence error with sheet.lisp and cmucl
  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.mcclim.devel/896

Never mind.

Paolo
--